Hooked On Books's Reviews > Breaking the Rules

Breaking the Rules by H.B. Heinzer

Aug 29, 2013

Rule Breaking Rocks!

I read this book in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down!

This book is about 2 people meeting after years of not seeing each other and realising, very quickly, that they have feelings for each other. The snag – he is her best friends little brother! There are unspoken rules among girls not to date their brothers!

This is the dilemma that Carly and Adam are faced with. He doesn’t really see a problem with it but Carly does. When Adam goes to Carly’s workplace to do a job, they “click” immediately.

Carly has had a bad experience with her heart and doesn’t want to give it very freely. Adam lives back in their home town and Carly lives in New York, so they have the whole long distance relationship to work through as well.

There is a secondary plot playing out in the background which is very interesting and make this romance story not so “typical”.

HB Heinzer’s style of writing is very descriptive; I understand the talk about how the theatre works because it was explained so well. Heinzer is able to build the reader up to a crescendo when necessary for the reader to get excited about what was going to happen next.

I read this book as a stand alone and felt that I should have read the first book in the series, Bent, first. This was purely so that I could understand the secondary plot which was playing out in the background.

I would give this book 5 stars and I will definitely be reading other books by HB Heinzer.

Enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking the Rules.

Finished Reading