Jaimey's Reviews > The Crown of Anavrea

The Crown of Anavrea by Rachel Rossano

Sep 09, 2009

bookshelves: goodreads-author, ebook-or-kindle, romance-fantasy, fantasy, reviewed, clean-romance
Recommended for: Anyone who likes romance

Synopsis: A slave woman helps an outlaw escape capture and travels with him to the only place he knows he'll be safe. He gives her her freedom in exchange for her assistance.

My two cents: I loved this story! It was short at only 109 e-book pages (80 paperback) and every time I was forced to walk away from it, all I wanted to do was come back and finish it. I found the hero and heroine easy to like. Neither one was by any means perfect; they were both realistic and believable. The tale is fast-paced yet takes place over the course of many weeks. Any love scenes are completely vague, making this a suitable read for young adults.

Despite the novella length of this tale, the characters are well developed. I would have liked to have had more story, more detail in regard to their struggle, both internal and external. I wanted to spend more time with them.

*Review based on e-book provided free by the author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crown of Anavrea.

September 9, 2009 – Shelved
September 9, 2009 – Shelved as: goodreads-author
November 2, 2009 – Shelved as: ebook-or-kindle
December 23, 2009 –
page 28
35.0% "(of 109 e-book pages)"
December 23, 2009 –