Suzanne's Reviews > The House on Tradd Street

The House on Tradd Street by Karen   White

2719269
Sep 09, 2009

I read this book because my mother loved it and thought I would too. Well, as the saying goes, Momma knows best. This book had a lot to offer. It was a mystery and a ghost story with a bit of romance thrown in. The story was interesting and kept moving. The conversations between some of the characters was fun. There were times a character would drive me to the point of wanting to scream at them for how blind they were being, but I have friends that do that to me too! I'll be anxiously waiting the next book.
A big selling point for me was that this story was set in Charleston, SC. I am a SC girl who graduated from the Medical University of SC in Charleston so that location held a lot of appeal. The references to streets, bridges,parks and surrounding locations such as Isle of Palms, Mount Pleasant and Drayton Hall that were familiar to me made it easy for me to immerse myself in the story. I also love the combination of history and fiction so the Civil War and Depression era references just reeled me in more. I think Momma and I need a road trip to see if 55 Tradd Street really exists.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House on Tradd Street.

September 9, 2009 – Shelved