Lauren Stoolfire's Reviews > The 100

The 100 by Kass Morgan

Aug 28, 2013

it was ok
bookshelves: young-adult, sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, dystopia, romance

What I liked: the premise and the potential, the reveal in the final two or three paragraphs.

What I didn't like: the confusing and multiple povs, the rampant stupidity and lack of common sense, the romance angle (there's a love triangle?!), the lack of detail and world-building, the level of skill they have at things like bow hunting - where in the world did that come from?!

I think if I was to judge the characters' intelligence and common sense on a scale of Gumby to Sherlock Holmes, I'd say most of them fall closer to the Gumby end of the spectrum.

I could probably go on, but I think that list is long enough.

I like this genre and I had high hopes for The 100 was very disappointing. It just wasn't for me. Most likely, I will not be coming back for the sequel. However, I may give the show a chance. Maybe it'll be like The Vampire Diaries where a not so great book (I only read the first one) gets adapted into a pretty good show.

Here's my question: Shouldn't it be more like "The 99 + Glass, who easily managed to escape and seemingly go back to her life as a socialite only to realize things may be worse on the ship"?
And the real question: Why did I actually spend my hard-earned bucks on this a Walmart? Why didn't I borrow it from the library or something like that?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 100.

August 28, 2013 – Shelved