Avigail's Reviews > Rotten to the Core

Rotten to the Core by Sheila Connolly

Sep 08, 2009

bookshelves: challange, crime, fiction, i-own, light, legal-drama, mysteries-thrilers, suspense, series, bookcrossing
Read in June, 2011

June 2010:
==========
One of the most satisfying cozy mysteries I've read. Cozy mysteries seem to have a specialization, whether it's a bookstore mystery, a pizzeria mystery, or, in this case, a mystery set on land with an orchard. Connolly allows the reader to learn about renovating the old farm house, and tending the orchard, right along with Meg, but she never forgets this is supposed to be an enjoyable mystery, not a lesson in country living.

Granted, it's easy to pinpoint the killer, but for most of us who read cozies, the puzzle is only part of the reason we read them. This is a mystery for those of us who enjoy getting to know the characters, watching their lives change, and relationships develop. Rotten to the Core is warm and entertaining from the first paragraph to the last. Fans will look forward to the next Orchard Mystery. I love the spunk of Meg. She is a great heroine.
Informative about the growing of apples plus incorporates a good story line. A nice change from all the baked goods stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rotten to the Core.