Maria's Reviews > Born of Night

Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Aug 27, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: vaginal-fantasy

When I started reading it, I immediately liked it more than the main Vaginal Fantasy pick; it may have been the overall writing style. Throw in charming and intriguing characters (gotta love unapologetically dour assassins) occasionally providing relatively complex moral convictions, and I'm sold.

But then things began getting very... domestic. Now, I'm not just talking sweeping, romantic, emotional admissions, or sex, but really blasé activities. Food tasting! Shopping! However, the environments were fabulous enough to be me through the couple-y mundanities, especially since I imagined the different worlds through a very Cowboy Bebop filter. While I had no real issues with the main characters, the supporting cast was really what helped me get through the book; Nemesis' crew is wonderful and I'm hoping that in the next books, the more I discover about them, I more I like them.

Finally, random fancast note, for any Haven (Syfy) fans: I definitely imagined Eric Balfour as Syn. Gotta love 'im.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born of Night.

August 27, 2013 – Started Reading