Bridget's Reviews > The Fruit of Her Hands: The Story of Shira of Ashkenaz

The Fruit of Her Hands by Michelle Cameron

Sep 08, 2009

Shira is your average happy go lucky child whose passion for learning is beyond the norm. Her father is a rabbi who is imprisoned for suspected heresy. Shira's life is turned upside down by this tragic event. With the help of a man that Shira will eventually call her husband, they fight for her father and what they believe is right.

Meir and Shira live a wonderful life and end up having a daughter of their own. Shira struggles with maintaining her religious beliefs and following her heart. Will this care free soul stick to what has been taught to past generations, or will she come up with her own set of rules to live by? Or will she find a way to balance both?

Michelle's novel is one of strength. I am still amazed at how Shira views life. Anyone who questions life and meaning should read this book. I love when I'm halfway through a book and I have to set it aside and just absorb everything I've read so far. This is definitely one of those books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fruit of Her Hands.

message 1: by Lance (new)

Lance Greenfield Sounds fascinating. I love books that make me think way beyond the bounds of their contents and covers. This sounds like one such book.
Excellent review!