Elida's Reviews > Darkness Before Dawn

bookshelves: 10th-grade-advisory-shelf

Elida Almaraz
Title:Darkness before dawn
Author:Sharon M. Draper

Darkness Before Dawn by Sharon M. Draper is a about a girl named Keisha who's sad after the loss of her boyfriend Andy. Keisha can't get over the fact that Andy commited suicide. It is her senior year and she's hoping for a better start. However it isn't unitl she meets the principal's 23 yeasr old son when things start changing.
I liked this book I feel like I can make a text to world connection because there has been cases in which girls fall for a teacher and dont usually say something about it.I feel that Keisha was able to handle the situation right. Keisha started falling for her teacher but once she saw that he wanted to take advantage of her she was able to get out of thast situation.
What I liked about the book was that Keisha always had people that had her back when she needed it. What surprised me was that Keisha wasnt the only victim but there were other girls that had gone through the same thing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Before Dawn.