Charlie's Reviews > Altered Carbon

Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan

Sep 08, 2009

bookshelves: goodreads-challenge-2011, currently-reading
Reading for the 2nd time. Most recently started February 7, 2018.

Altered Carbon has been on my reading radar for some time. It was the first book I put on my wish list the moment I started looking at books for the Kindle. It is the first in a series by Richard K. Morgan.

The premise of the novel was intriguing, it had a very Gibson feel to it, and I was looking forward to digging into some science fiction again. Morgan didn't disappoint me.

While it took me a bit to get used to the first person narrative (it's been a while) by the time I got to the second page I was hooked. So much so that I finished the book within one day.

The world Morgan weaves is very believable and the characters are multidimensional. I loved that just when you think you've figured out what is going on or what roll a character plays something else turns your theory sideways. It's great ride all the way to the end.

I look forward to reading more of Morgan's work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Altered Carbon.

September 8, 2009 – Shelved
September 1, 2011 – Started Reading
September 2, 2011 –
September 2, 2011 – Finished Reading
December 31, 2012 – Shelved as: goodreads-challenge-2011
February 7, 2018 – Started Reading
February 7, 2018 –
13.0% "I'm re-reading now that I've watched the first season. Shouldn't take me long. So far the changes that were made to put Altered Carbon on screen are in my opinion minor and make sense."