Amanda Masters's Reviews > The Witches of Dark Root

The Witches of Dark Root by April Aasheim

bookshelves: wicca-witch-4-book-blog-reviews

I really enjoyed this book! When I first saw it I was intrigued by the cover and the name but then I read the blurb and I just knew this was a book I had to read! I really loved all the characters and even though the book starts out a little slow it quickly picks up speed.

Maggie Maddock wants nothing more then to get out of her little home town of Dark Root and out into the outside world where people don't know her as one of the Maddock Witches, somewhere where she can just be herself.

Maggies whole life changes the day Micheal walks into her shop and chooses her and takes her away from her life in Dark Root and things are great for awhile. But now Maggie is needed back home and she isn't sure its the place she really wants to be.

With her powers always on the Fritz, her mother needing care and the sibling rivalry with her sisters Maggie doesn't know what to do but run, run as far away from here as she can. She can't do that yet of course not until she discovers the secrets of the past the ones that keep cropping up in her dreams lately, for something dark lurks there and Maggie may need her family around her to help her get rid of it once and for all.

Amazing Book! April is a fabulous writer! I loved Merry and Mae they were my favourites! there powers was pretty cool too and I wish I could have something like that as well! I really enjoyed this book from the wiccan side of myself, I have spent my life dedicated to the protection of nature and all its elements and this book touched that part in me. This book also awoke the spiritual side of myself that wanted to reach out and help them take down the dark so it could no longer hurt anyone else.

The dark was so creepy and an awesome dark side to the story! the way it lurked and hid in the shadows was so creepy!

April Aasheim is a awesome writer and I would defiantly read more of her books! if you haven't read this one do so now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witches of Dark Root.

Started Reading