Ann (Noumena12)'s Reviews > The Next Best Thing

The Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins

it was ok
bookshelves: permanent-collection, 2013-book-challenge

I can't believe how long it took me to reed this book. When it was first released in 2010, I started to read it and couldn't get into it. It popped up on my Amazon recommendations and I didn't look close enough to see that it was the same book. Really wish I hadn't picked it up...the actual story could have been much shorter...to much angst. I don't care for the heroine and the story left me with questions about Ethan's relationship with his parents. Their relationship issues suddenly settled. Curious about the addition of the dead husband lookalike.

Worst Thought in the Book:
"Life’s going to be a lot less complicated if you stay alone. It doesn’t sound very exciting, but there’s a lot to be said for playing it safe."

Favorite Line:
"There’s so much love in the world. Sadness, too, and heartbreak, but more than those, there are love and happiness and miracles of joy."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Next Best Thing.

August 17, 2013 – Started Reading
August 24, 2013 – Finished Reading
August 25, 2013 – Shelved
August 25, 2013 – Shelved as: permanent-collection
August 25, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013-book-challenge

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda I hate when that happens. I thought you might like to know that you aren't the only one that has done that. I do get mad at myself when I waste time reading a bad book because there are so many good ones out there.