C Joy's Reviews > Only With Your Love

Sep 07, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: historical-romance, lisa-kleypas, ebooks
Read in September, 2009

The story was really heavy, while reading it I was wondering if there were any redeeming values and if the way they would be written could balance the gloom in the book. The events happened years after Lysette and Max got married and in here they already have three children. So it's time for Max's twins to take the stage. Enter Philippe, whom I found boring in the first book because of his righteousness, and Justin whom I didn't necessarily like in the first book, but came to love in this one.

I've read the negative feedback about this book and I agree with some of them, but Lisa Kleypas wrote of an unconventional hero, and she made it work. The heroine wasn't really to my liking, but she matched well with Justin. The reason why they fit together is because opposites attract, and in this case, Justin was the only person who saw Celia's real person, and perceived her innermost desires, and brought it out of her. She's annoying at times when she gets too emotional though.

Another part I liked about the plot is just when we think they would end up via the usual means, there would be conflicts, and it makes the read worth while and more interesting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only With Your Love.

09/12/2009 page 90