Michelle's Reviews > Feel the Rush

Feel the Rush by Kelsie Leverich

Recommended for: Alpha Military Heroes and Professional Women

Feel the Rush began with the unexpected reunion of lovers who had an unrestrained, steamy, once-in-a-lifetime, one-night-stand. Megan Mitchell, a nurse at an Army hospital, moved from New York to Georgia, started a new job and vowed to find “Mr. Safe.” The first man she met was her next-door neighbor, Reed Porter, an Airborne Jumpmaster and daredevil extraordinaire – the epitome of “Mr. Wrong,” whom she recognized immediately as her one-time lover, from eight years ago.

Reed, however, did not recognize Megan until she jarred his memory and the same inexplicable attraction they felt was rekindled. Each time they were together the sex was hot and became progressively hotter. Neither was expecting the level of intimacy they experienced as they let their protective walls down.

These were likable characters – people we know, possibly our friends, or versions of ourselves. Megan consistently chose men who were emotionally unavailable. Reed seemed to fall into that category. He was the bad boy in an Army uniform, with a heart of gold, but uninterested in the same type of commitment, as Megan. While they seemed perfectly matched, they were looking for different things out of a long-term relationship.

Kelsie Leverich built the tension slowly, as the lovers rediscovered their connection. We became invested in Megan and Reed’s emotional journeys as individuals and as a couple. Then, life happened, proving that they lived in a very small world. Two plot twists blew me away, and served to intensify Megan and Reed’s already complicated and moving relationship. I wanted to wrap my arms around both of these characters at different points during the book.

The secondary characters were fully developed people who added to the story. Megan’s best friends Eva and Trevor supported and confronted her on her own failings, as real friends would. The camaraderie exhibited by Reed’s fellow soldiers clearly illustrated the bonds created by men in uniform, who perform dangerous jobs. The soldiers were multifaceted alpha men, who cared for each other as family, and played a part in bringing Megan and Reed together.

Feel the Rush was funny, sad, sexy, and deeply poignant. It surpassed my expectations and had me reaching for tissues on several occasions. I highly recommend it for readers looking for rich characters who suffer unavoidable heartbreak, as they transition into the best version of themselves and learn to embrace love.

I also recommend reading Ms. Leverich's first novel in the series, The Valentine's Arrangement
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feel the Rush.

August 23, 2013 – Started Reading