Brooke Hargett's Reviews > The Husband's Secret

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

Read 2 times. Last read September 1, 2013 to September 6, 2013.

I flew through the audio-version of this book in 2 days!! I was pulled right in and HAD to know what happened! Liane Moriarty brilliantly delivers a fresh, twisty, intricate plot that left me breathless. The Husband's Secret is the convergence of the lives of three women. Cecilia finds a letter addressed to her from her husband to be opened in the event of his death... but when she finds it, he is alive and well. She's left with a moral dilemma... should she open it? Rachel is still grieving over her daughter's murder twenty years later and is only comforted by her grandson, who is going to be moving across the world. Tess shows up to work one morning just in time to be betrayed by both her husband and her best friend. The way everything unfolds captivated me in a guilty-pleasure sort of way. It was like juicy gossip you can't turn away from, at the same time it makes you think about how you would react if you were in the character's shoes. I'm a sucker for any book with moral dilemmas because I love seeing people's true colors.

Liane Moriarty did such a great job of putting me inside the character's heads that as soon as I finished this book, I downloaded another one of hers- "What Alice Forgot," which is also fabulous! I also adored listening to the audio-version of both because of the Australian accents. I will definitely be reading more of Liane Moriarty's books. I would recommend this to anyone who's looking for a good character driven book that immerses you in the lives of people who feel like friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Husband's Secret.

Started Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
January 1, 2013 – Finished Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
August 23, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
August 23, 2013 – Shelved
September 1, 2013 – Started Reading
September 6, 2013 – Finished Reading
November 6, 2013 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
November 6, 2013 – Shelved as: 2014-delicious-r... (Other Paperback Edition)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Kelly Good for book club?

Brooke Hargett Yes! There's lots to discuss!!! I really love her writing style too!