Paula's Reviews > Bites: Ten Tales of Vampires

Bites by Rayne Hall

Read 2 times. Last read September 1, 2013 to September 3, 2013.

I have always been intrigued by undead, mythological, and sea creatures. The stories in this collection explore the different beliefs surrounding one of the undead creatures, vampires. Vampires as we know them have been around for almost 200 years. In that time a lot of superstitions and beliefs have come and gone. Some that have endured are explored in ten short stories are written by the talented authors; April Grey, Douglas Kolacki, Carole Ann Moleti, Debbie Christiana, Pamela Turner, Liv Rancourt, Rayne Hall, Jonathan Broughton, and Jim Bernheimer.

The Night Train written by Rayne Hall was one of my favorite stories in this anthology. As I had traveled alone when younger, I could relate to the young woman traveling alone at night. Not knowing who to trust and wishing for the morning light to come.

I also really enjoyed Exile by April Grey. This story makes you ponder your choices in life. How many of us would ignore the consequences and let ourselves get swept up by the thrills of passion and desire?

Another good read was The Land of the Rising Sun by Debbie Christiana because it brought a humanitarian element to the story. But like many of us with addictions – drugs, alcohol, and food – a vampire’s need for blood is his undoing.

All of the stories are well written by some very talented writers. I enjoyed each one and would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a traditional vampire story.

Be sure to watch this awesome book trailer on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQk0o...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bites.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
August 23, 2013 – Shelved
August 23, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
September 1, 2013 – Started Reading
September 3, 2013 – Finished Reading
September 5, 2014 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)