Emma 's Reviews > Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom

Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom by Tiffany King

I have to say I utterly love this series, it helps that the romantic interest is so darn awesome – I am most definitely an Emrys girl :)

This series has it all action, adventure, an epic battle of good versus evil, humour, sarcasm, romance and friendships/family. Think Buffy meets Indiana Jones crossed with Jumanji and sprinkled with Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

The heroine, Jordyn, can kick some serious daemon butt, yet her tender,caring and often vulnerable side endears her to everyone, especially the reader. You can empathise with her, at the hardships she has to face and the knowledge of her situation. That has to undermine a lot of confidence in a person.

As I have already stated I absolutely adore Emrys; the banter between Jordyn and Emrys provides the humour and sarcasm within the narrative that had me chuckling out-loud to myself and gaining funny looks from my children (nothing new there then) :)

The introduction of new characters expanded the plot. Especially the introduction of 9 year old Boon. The way he sees the world added clarity to situations that would have been unattainable to adults, helping Jordyn come to terms with her present and future more than anyone else would have been able to.

After the stunning ending someone please tell me how long I have to countdown until I get my next fix of Jordyn and Emrys <3
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom.

Started Reading