Crystal Dunn's Reviews > Raw Edges

Raw Edges by Sandra D. Bricker

Aug 21, 2013

bookshelves: 2013, 50-books-for-thirty-before-30

I've been a fan of Sandra Bricker's work for a while now, and when I learned that she was writing a book that encompassed two of my passions, Ovarian Cancer Awareness and Quilting, I knew that I had to read this book. As a member of the "Launch Team" for the book, I was sent an advanced copy of the book to read and review.

I immediately fell in love with this book in the Prologue. The way the characters are developed makes you feel that you are right there with them in the story, and you feel every emotion that they feel.

"Raw Edges" documents the making of a memory quilt for a Tampa, Florida Ovarian Cancer Support group called Ovacome. They are making the quilt to raise funds and awareness for this silent and deadly disease. Facts and statistics to help raise awareness are interwoven in this story. The quilting aspect is spot on too.

Even if you are not into quilting, or have no desire to raise awareness for Ovarian Cancer, this book is a great love story... of a young widower, who is faced with the decision to move on shortly after his wife's death. It is a story of blending families. A story of faith.

I would definitely recommend this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raw Edges.

Started Reading