Lisa Vegan's Reviews > Harry Potter Boxset

Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. Rowling

Sep 04, 2009

bookshelves: childrens, novel, fiction, speculative-fiction, young-adult, school-story, orphaned-and-quasi-orphaned-kids, favorites, reviewed
Read in July, 2007

this “review” is simply notes to myself, not much of interest to anyone but me, and not containing much in the way of spoilers given how cryptic the notes are, but just in case:

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter Boxset.

Lisa Vegan I originally read the hardcover editions, which I own, but I also own this paperback boxed set, and these are the editions I'm about to start for my reread, my first 1-7 in a row read.

Lisa Vegan I might be writing a review for the one story in books 1-7 for this box set edition, and I do plan to be adding quotes to my quotes!!!

Lisa Vegan Ah, guess all the quotes will be at the individual books only but I might try to write a bit of a review for books 1-7 at this edition.

Lisa Vegan finished my reread 10/4/11

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Oh, I found this totally interesting! Thank you for posting this "review" even if it was mostly notes for yourself :-)

Lisa Vegan Kathryn wrote: "Oh, I found this totally interesting! Thank you for posting this "review" even if it was mostly notes for yourself :-)"

Thanks, Kathryn. It truly is notes to myself. I think I've reviewed each of the books separately (?) but if I have they're not very good. The perfect example of not being able to adequately review books I love, but for this boxset it really is notes to myself.

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn I don't really bother reviewing these because, for me, I just couldn't do an adequate job to my satisfaction. But, I am happy to rate them. And I'm glad you reviewed them :-)

Lisa Vegan Kathryn wrote: "I don't really bother reviewing these because, for me, I just couldn't do an adequate job to my satisfaction. But, I am happy to rate them. And I'm glad you reviewed them :-)"

Well, I don't remember for sure that I did review them. I have review "blurbs" for many of my favorite books, particularly the ones I read before I was a Goodreads member.

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Excellent post love all your thoughts and quotes.

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Vegan Brenda wrote: "Excellent post love all your thoughts and quotes."

Thanks, Brenda.

My musings really are just notes to help me remember what was in each book. I wish I'd written down even more, particularly for book 7.

Someday I hope to read all 7 in succession, with not a single other book interrupting the flow. It's such a brilliantly wonderful story.

message 11: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Lisa wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Excellent post love all your thoughts and quotes."

Thanks, Brenda.

I agree is is brilliantly done. I am still making my way through book 2 but I did get distracted by so many other books lately. I'm actually enjoying it more now, as funny as that sounds.

Howard I orinally hhad my mom read tbem to me when i was 9 years old but i eventually got my own set and ive reread the series like 8 times

message 13: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Vegan Howard wrote: "I orinally hhad my mom read tbem to me when i was 9 years old but i eventually got my own set and ive reread the series like 8 times"

That is many times. 9 is young for the later books, I think. You were okay with them?