Rob's Reviews > Divine Justice

Divine Justice by David Baldacci

Sep 04, 2009

Read in September, 2009

It's very refreshing to come across a novel that does not portray the Vietnam vet as a trigger-happy, murderous psychopath. In this book by David Baldacci, John Carr, aka Oliver Stone, was an elite member of a secret CIA group that specializes in assassination. He was also a war hero who was denied the Congressional Medal of Honor because he refused to carry out an order from one of his commanding officers. This is also the fourth novel about the Camel Club that he heads and continues from the previous one.
Thirty years after the war, Stone is on the run after he assassinated two intelligence agency department heads and he hides in the remote town of Divine. Remote doesn't mean quiet, let alone peaceful as he soon finds out.
He was also being hunted, not just by the police, FBI and CIA, but also by a human bloodhound who reports only to a sinister army general who prefers that he doesn't go to trial.
My first by David Baldacci - very good one. I'm planning to go back and read the other books in the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Justice.

Linda I LOVE John Carr and the Camel Club!

message 2: by Rob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob Couple of years ago, I started reading a book by David Baldacci. After a few chapters, I was so bored I gave it up. But this one is good, so good I'll be going back to the previous ones about the Camel Club. I think he has another series also.