Dionisia's Reviews > Plum Lovin'

Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich

Sep 04, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: mystery, north-america

I am sooo glad this book was free! I guess that should have been my first clue. What a let down. This was my first Stephanie Plum book...and the LAST. Thank goodness it was a fast read. I did not utter so much as a chuckle as I was reading. And no, I did not swoon over Diesel. This was just fluff. Unsatisfying fluff.

All the characters seemed pretty ridiculous in this book but Lula was the worst offender. That woman could not go five seconds without telling someone nearby that she used to be a ho. I felt like Evanovich was beating me over the head with that characters ho-history. I just started rolling my eyes when Lula appeared on the scene because I knew it was inevitable that she would have to tell someone, anyone within earshot. I bet she could work her ho-commentary into any conversation!

Lula @ the grocery store:

Stranger: Man, this line is so long.
Lula: Not as long as the lines waitin' for this good lovin' back when I was a ho'!
Stranger: ...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plum Lovin'.

Started Reading
September 4, 2009 – Shelved
page 10
6.1% "This should be a quick read."
page 86
52.44% "An easy enough read. I'm feeling lukewarm about it. I understand this series has a boatload of fans...I just won't be one of them."
page 164