Gaby's Reviews > Undescribable

Undescribable by Shantel Tessier

it was ok

Like the rating I'm giving it, it was just OK for me. I had some issues with the book and the biggest was the insta-love between the hero and heroine.

I just can't grasp how the most mythical playboy in town, who changes his sex partners like he changes his boxers; that is, daily, maybe even a few times a day; suddenly becomes obsessed with a girl only because of her voice and then, falls in love with her in a couple of days. I just don't get it. It is unrealistic and stupid. This guy, Slade -what kind of name is that?- goes from being a complete douchebag, who doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for women or himself (I honestly thought he had mommy and self-esteem issues), to a sweet teddy-bear who constantly apologizes and calls his new insta-love "Angel" when she presses his tummy.

Then we have our heroine, Samantha, who you imagine must be the most amazing woman ever... I mean, Slade constantly -to the point of boredom- repeats how perfect she is (and that she's all his, let's not forget that). Well, it didn't translate very well, because she came to me as naïve, kind of shallow and silly. Maybe it was her age, I don't know, or her obsessive love of all things pink... Guess she just wasn't a heroine I could empathize a lot with. She shows some strength, don't get me wrong, and I didn't hate neither her nor Slade. In fact, I think they had great chemistry and their interactions came as hot, but yeah, I became a little bit bored with them and, by 70% or something, just wanted the damn thing to be over but took me a while to actually finish it. That is because I lost interest.

Another thing that annoyed me was that, at the beginning, the book seemed to be constantly promoting brands like Dolce and Gabbana, Coach, Miss Me, Bose, etc, etc... it was boring and kind of snobbish. Also, how they described all the time what they were wearing wasn't my cup of tea. Instead of putting me inside their world, that distracted me from it. I prefer to have feelings rather than the physical world described.

Finally, the book needs a much better edition work.

The thing I liked the most, though, was how Slade wasn't a millionaire obsessed with BDSM... he was just discovering that side to him and I enjoyed that. I also liked Sam's history with her family, it was a good dramatic sub-plot. I really liked the secondary characters, specially Micah, Holly and Josh.

I don't know if I'll be reading the next book. I believe I'm actually done with Slade and Samantha. Like I said, I didn't hate the book or the story, I just found it a bit unbelievable and repetitive.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undescribable.

Started Reading