Venetiaffxi's Reviews > History of Fire

History of Fire by Alexia Purdy

19622916

bookshelves: 2014-reading-list

History of Fire was an excellent spin off from its original series. Benton was one of my favorite characters from the books and to finally get an inside look at his personality and thoughts was awesome. In this book we began to get more of a back story on the history of not only Benton's family, but also the history of the Elementals. The Dark Faerie story line focused more on Shade and her story as she joined the land of faerie. This book starts after the big fight with the Unseelie court and many of the Unseelie forces fled through the barrier to the human world. Benton then felt that it was his job to track down them and kill them before they could ruin it.

In this book Benton will come into information that will turn his family upside down and they will have to fight to defend their own. A new threat comes into play and they will have to figure out what they want. This book is considered a stand alone, but I do recommended reading the first 4 books to truly understand what is going on and who all of the characters are that will keep popping up in the book. I can not wait to read the rest of this series and get to know Benton better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read History of Fire.

August 20, 2013 – Shelved