Michelle's Reviews > When the Marquess Met His Match

When the Marquess Met His Match by Laura Lee Guhrke

I haven’t read much from Laura Lee Guhrke but I was very excited to get a chance to read the first in the new An American Heiress in London series, When the Marquess Met His Match. Nicholas has been living his life just how he has wanted but when his father, the Duke, cuts him off, he has to take his future seriously even if he doesn’t want to. In a last effort to thwart his father, Nicholas decides that marrying an American heiress is just the way defy him. He turns to Lady Belinda, known for helping young ladies through London seasons. Belinda knows that Nicholas is just looking for a match based on funds, not on love, and after her own disastrous marriage of convenience she just can’t support matching him up with someone for something so cold. But as they two continue to butt heads and are thrown together, they soon come to realize that maybe there is a chance at a marriage for something more than inheritance. I loved the interaction between Nicholas and Belinda, they had great dialogue and chemistry. They both try to live their lives as society dictates but when love finally brakes through they do what they can to fight for their future. Fun read and I’m excited for what comes next!

**I received a copy of this book directly from the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When the Marquess Met His Match.

August 20, 2013 – Shelved