Garima's Reviews > The Handmaid's Tale

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

bookshelves: moments-of-huh, sui-generis, its-not-you-its-meta-or-gfhrytyt, no-kidding, booker-prize
Recommended to Garima by: Samadrita

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Handmaid's Tale.

August 20, 2013 – Shelved
November 26, 2013 – Shelved as: its-not-you-its-meta-or-gfhrytyt
November 26, 2013 – Shelved as: no-kidding
November 26, 2013 – Shelved as: booker-prize
November 26, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Dolors Yes, you're reading only masterpieces lately. Rubbing my hands together in expectation...

Garima Haha! I want a memorable year end so I'm not taking any chances ;) I always wanted to read Atwood and this looks like an ideal place to begin with.

Samadrita You also have The Unbearable Lightness of Being lined up before the year end if I remember correctly. It will end with a bang surely. :) I think 2013 has been a year of fabulous women writers for me - known and unknown.

Garima YOU are responsible! Haha! No, I'm genuinely thankful to you for giving such wonderful recommendations. Both Jane Eyre and Beloved ended up being a 5-star affair and I'm sure a repeat will happen with this book and The Unbearable Lightness of Being (thanks for the reminder!).

Garima I hope so too. So far so good!

message 6: by Ema (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ema Garima, I heard you mention something about Kristof's trilogy until the end of the year, too. :) It reads rather quickly, despite its length.

Garima I did mention that, yes. I'll get to it after finishing my current reads. I have become a lazy reader lately.