Fran's Reviews > Crashed

Crashed by K. Bromberg

Aug 20, 2013

bookshelves: 5-stars, reviewed-and-blogged, sports-lovers

If you love books with cheesy lines, this is a fucking 5-star read. If you eat, sleep and breathe New Adult, with all the typical angst and drama, this right here deserves a freaking Oscar.

"I want to be your motherfucking checkered flag, Rylee. Your pace car to lead you through tough times, your pit stop when you need a break, your start line, your finish line, your goddamn victory lane."

Just as beer is an acquired taste, this series seems to be a hit or miss, judging by my GR friends' ratings and DNFs.

When I first read Driven last year and I deemed it one of my favorites, I was at a point in my 'reading life' when all I could and wanted to devour was anything with lots of angst, fucked up characters, asshole heroes, and I was still even a bit partial to weak heroines. Lately, I've been trying to stay clear of those books (except for the asshole heroes bit, that is) so I definitely struggled with Crashed. However, I fought through it - the eye-rolling, the I-can't-believe-I-used-to-get-suck-into-this moments, and yes, even the skimming.

So, as much as I find it weird, I'm still giving this a 5-star rating. Why? Because in the end, this book made me happy. Isn't that the most important thing? No matter the disbelief that I felt at times, I still ended up smiling, and a hundred percent satisfied at how this series came full circle.

Game, set, match (lol wrong sport).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crashed.

August 20, 2013 – Shelved
August 20, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
February 3, 2014 – Shelved as: unreleased-sequels
February 3, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
March 3, 2014 – Started Reading
March 3, 2014 –
0.0% "Let this be a winner please!"
March 3, 2014 –
3.0% "I've stayed away from angst-driven books for weeks, but right now, I'm only at 3% and it's already drama, drama, drama. Tsk."
March 3, 2014 –
5.0% "It's not the book, it's me. I'm just so not ready for all the angst. Every sentence is so full of drama. *sigh*"
March 4, 2014 –
13.0% "OMFG!!! NO.WAY! UGH! Drama drama drama!"
March 4, 2014 –
13.0% "OK FALSE ALARM! Can't take the drama!"
March 4, 2014 –
56.0% "Of course that had to happen! More drama."
March 4, 2014 – Shelved as: 5-stars
March 5, 2014 – Shelved as: reviewed-and-blogged
March 5, 2014 – Finished Reading
August 29, 2014 – Shelved as: sports-lovers

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ oh noo too much drama
.. cnt imagine what the book will b like by the time u finish ;)

Fran [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "oh noo too much drama
.. cnt imagine what the book will b like by the time u finish ;)"

Lol it's just been a while since I've last read angsty stuff

Nathi *Shut it and let me read* Wow, now that was a big review from you Fran!
I started today book 1! I'm happy to know that book 3 is good!

Fran Nathi *Shut it and let me read* wrote: "Wow, now that was a big review from you Fran!
I started today book 1! I'm happy to know that book 3 is good!"

Thanks, Nat! I've seen some DNFs from my GR friends but I hope you like it. I'll look out for your review. :)

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda i often said i don't like angst and drama. but once i started, i know i'm gonna get suck into it. they are weirdly addictive.

Fran Amanda wrote: "i often said i don't like angst and drama. but once i started, i know i'm gonna get suck into it. they are weirdly addictive."

They really are but I TRY my best to stay away (sometimes).. :D

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ Great review Fran. Glad u enjoyed it in the end x

Fran [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "Great review Fran. Glad u enjoyed it in the end x"

Thank God! ;)