Pat Cromwell's Reviews > The Perfect Liar

The Perfect Liar by Brenda Novak

1997535
Sep 03, 2009

She did it again. I am so loving Brenda Novak!!! I didn't think it possible she could create a more despicable villain then Collin who appeared in THe Perfect Neigbor (see my review), but she did. BIG TIME! And she did an amazing job with Luke and Ava, the two poor smucks at the mercy of the deranged Kalyna aka The Perfect liar.

My God she - Kalyna - is so twisted, so sick, so...unnatural. She is scary on so many levels! If you like a book with tunnel vision i.e. so damn good you can't turn away then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read The Perfct Liar. Kalyna is a sick twisted perverted human being made from the same mode as Glenn Close's character in Fatal Attraction. This book is based on that very premise -- obsessive WANT (not love but want), and Kalyna carries her Fatal Attraction like a name badge.

Like The Perfect Neighbor, the book moves at a fast "my-fingers-can't-turn-the-pages-fast-enough pace". From beginning to end! Again I am shocked, yes shocked, that this book was written by Brenda Novak! She has grown up people. There are absolutely no traces of the sweet little harlequin baby drama here. It's as if she decided she was going to write a grown up tale, push the limits like authors who are published by small pubs (not a critisim for I am one of those authors). She suceeded.

I'm so impressed with her last two offerings that she has moved up on my totem pole and sits with the Divas: Linda Howard, Sandra Browne, Sharon Sala. Dare I say it - Lora Leigh's in your face writing has nothing on the ast two installments of Brenda Novak's Last Stand Series, and yall know I love me some Lora Leigh books.

My one regret is that the book ended. But there is a 3rd scheduled for Oct 2009 so I'm happy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Liar.