Meagan 's Reviews > Risky Surrender

Risky Surrender by Robin Bielman

22036432
Aug 19, 2013

Lucy Davenport is an archaeologist who hunts for historical treasures. After spending her last few years repaying a debt, she is finally free, just after one more hunt. The only thing standing in her way is Keats McCall, President of the World Heritage Fund and sex incarnate. They both fight (and do not so good a job) the growing attraction between them. With her determination on finishing what she has set out to do, and him on protecting his latest project site, sparks are sure to fly.

This book instantly brought back childhood dreams of being an archaeologist (I may have watched Indiana Jones one too many times.) The chemistry between the main characters is so well done, nothing feels forced. Both characters are well flushed out. Lucy is independent and dedicated, while at the same time unsure of her future and trying to move on from her past. McCall is used to being seen as a dollar sign to the opposite sex, until Lucy, and that excites and unnerves him.

The flirty banter and sexual tension between Lucy and McCall seemed to wrap me up as a reader. The love scenes are scorching hot and the story its self was very interesting. This is a book that I found nearly impossible to put down, and I believe you will to.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Risky Surrender.

August 19, 2013 – Started Reading
August 19, 2013 – Shelved
October 3, 2013 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin Bielman Hi Meagan! Thanks so much for reading Risky Surrender and for this wonderful review! I'm thrilled you loved McCall and Lucy's story!