Liliana's Reviews > My Fairly Dangerous Godmother

My Fairly Dangerous Godmother by Janette Rallison

4199142

bookshelves: magic, fairy-tales, faeries-fairies, fantasy, favorites, humor, paranormal-or-supernatural, young-adult

Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

I love this series SO much! And Chrissy too! The crazy, astonishingly-bad-at-her-job fairy godmother. Like I’ve said before, teens will be teens whether they are supernatural creatures or not. Lol. But, gods! She can actually be frustrating sometimes with how wrong she can get the wishes! It’s ridiculous, really. Ridiculously fun! Haha.

Speaking of wishes, in My Fairly Dangerous Godmother we get to explore the Little Mermaid fairy tale and the Twelve Dancing princesses. Delving into that last one was great because it’s one of the fairy tales I'm least familiar with. What is also great is that the fairy tales retold in this book are the Grimm versions (I’m pretty sure...) which I love because they are more grisly, muahaha!

I also really liked the fact that we got more insight into the fairy world, into Chrissy’s world, which wasn’t touched on very much in the previous two books.

Another thing I liked that differed from the other books was that our main character meets her love interest inside the fairy tale! And it was just so interesting because they have to work together but they are also in competition and it was just great! Speaking of the love interest, I loved him! SO swoon-worthy!

My Fairly Dangerous Godmother had very lovable characters and was very fun, humorous, adventurous, very sweet, even suspenseful at times with a slightly more serious undertone than the previous book... which is definitely not a bad thing. This book differed from the previous in a couple aspects, but it was different in a good way! I love this series and I highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you love fairy tale retellings! Janette Rallison’s interpretations are the best!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fairly Dangerous Godmother.

August 18, 2013 – Shelved