Adrienne's Reviews > Caressed by Ice

Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh

2087365
Sep 02, 2009

One of my favourite books in the Psy-Changeling saga. This is the story of Judd (so Psy his got control on his control (also known as silence after the effect it has on silencing emotions)) and Brenna (damaged Snowdancer changeling). Besides the story between these two the empire that is the Psy world continues to develop, in this the third book.

Well, I was sucked in from the start and the thing I really like about this book is with every turn of the page something happens to keep you invested in the story, if it's not the incredible emotional (read sexual) tension between Judd ,who has been so locked into Silence that you really do wonder whether he can ever break free, and Brenna, who altho damaged by a Psy of the same designator as Judd, understands that there is something fundementally different about him, then it's the developing structure and politics taking place between the Psy Council.

It's really difficult to write a review for this without giving any spoilers as every part of this story is interwoven, from the Psy councils underhand attempts to cause chaos within the Changeling world to Judds secret life outside the Snowdancers Den.

The empire aside, Judd and Brenna are a perfect couple, Brenna recognizes that Judd is something more to her than a cold emotionless Psy and despite his reservations, in part due to the fact that his mind has been so cruelly conditioned to attack itself at the slightest hint of emotion Judd 'knows' the Brenna means something to him. As they come to understand the special relationship between them so Judds control starts to slide and in the moments when the control has slipped sufficient for him to think he realizes that there maybe a way forward. What follows could kill him but Judd takes the chance anyway, but will it be sufficient for Brenna who needs to 'find' a lost part of her being and also form a bond with Judd the love of her life?

The between the sheets scenes are slow in coming due to the incredible control 'silence' places on Judd , but when they do happen my goodness the pages sizzle with love, you could say the earth moves literally:)

This series ia a great read for anyone wanting more than just a romance story, the world created by Singh is multi layed and compelling to read about. I can't wait to read the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caressed by Ice.

September 2, 2009 – Shelved
September 6, 2009 –
page 104
29.55% "I'm just wait for Judd to crack then I think things will really take off"
September 8, 2009 –
page 237
67.33% "really enjoying this one fantastic plot! and great story between Juud and Brenna"
Started Reading
September 11, 2009 –
page 361
100%
September 11, 2009 – Finished Reading

new_user Woo! And now to the good stuff! LOL.

valee This book was my fav after the 6th. Enjoy...

Adrienne I'm only about 5 chapters in,but would I be right in thinking this ones good?:)

new_user LOL. Definitely, Adrienne. It's a fan fave. ;)

Dina Great review, Adrienne! This is my favorite PNR series.

Holly I'm not that far into it yet, but i think this might be my favorite of the series thus far. :) I <3 Judd.

message 7: by K. (new)

K. Can't wait until I can start reading this series. I just bought the first four books for my SIL for her B-day (haven't come in the mail yet). Y'all have not steered me wrong yet. . . so I have my fingers crossed she'll love them as much as you do! :) Thanks for the nice review Adrienne!
K.

Shawna Great review, Adrienne! This is my favorite of the series, and I love "Ice Man" Judd!

message 9: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Great review, Adrienne!! I will be on the lookout for this series :)

message 10: by Rane (new)

Rane Awesome Review Adrienne!

Adrienne Thanks everyone! This series has taken me somewhat by surpries, not because Ididn't think it would be good, but, just by HOW good it is. I think Judds my favourite so far too!
I've a bit of a gap ubtil I get toread the next book,Clay and Talins story, but from the fisrt chapter it promisest o be just as good as the othrs:)
i'm going tostck my neck out here and say that if you like the BDB series you'll probably like this , the worlds are totally different, but the males are all strong alphas, and the sense of story is there as with the BDB. Different styles of writting but equally as good/interesting/absorbing.