Rhonda's Reviews > Ice Land

Ice Land by Betsy Tobin

Sep 01, 2009

this wasn't my typical type of book to read, but it sounded interesting. i admit - i wondered if this tale full of odd named characters from places i can't pronounce would hold my interest long enough to get into the meat of the story - especially since it went off in 3 different directions right off the bat. oddly, the strange names were easy to keep track of and the story was easy to follow, and soon i found myself wanting to read on to find out how everything/everyone would weave together in the end. i found it to be very readable and it held my interest. there was just enough detail without going overboard and losing the reader. interestingly, tobin's other book takes place in england in the 1800's ( or the 18th century - not sure which) and sounds so very different, yet intriguing. i'm not sure what her genre is - historical? though so totally unrelated. oh well - i plan to check it out. she's a good writer. this was an interesting new take on old mythology, and a peek into iceland and her people (a place where i had yet to peek before).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ice Land.