Dustin Crazy little brown owl's Reviews > A Rainbow Of Friends

A Rainbow Of Friends by P.K. Hallinan

Sep 01, 2009

bookshelves: childrens, disability, amazing, read-in-2005, read-in-2006, read-in-2007, read-in-2008
Read in June, 2005

This book is powerful because of its simplicity. I can not give this book enough praise! Since our family discovered this gem a few years ago, P.K. Hallinan (who does his own illustrations) has become one of our favorites.

The subtitle on earlier editions was "A Book to Celebrate Diversity". Hallinan subtly covers many aspects of diversity through his rhyming words and colorful illustrations. This book is not preachy nor is it cheesy. I like that the book does not just focus on ethnicity, disability and differences. A Rainbow of Friends touches on views, interests, dress, strengths and weaknesses; it emphasizes acceptance, understanding, friendship and working together!

A great book for all ages! Our family has donated copies of this book to the school library, given copies to each student in my son's class at school and distributed the book at community events.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Rainbow Of Friends.