Argona's Reviews > Sabriel

Sabriel by Garth Nix

bookshelves: magic, amazing-fantasy, royals, zombies-undead, dark, fantasy, high-fantasy, all-time-favorites, romance, reviewed, favorite-romance
Read 2 times

I have read many fantasy books and I can say with certainty that this is one of those stories that stand out. Sabriel is a very unique, interesting, complex story. Like many other fantasy books, it takes a little time to understand what is going on and really get into the story, but when that happens, you will most likely take a deep breath, dive in and refuse to come out before the end.

Sabriel is a young girl but she is an adult inside. A strong female character is a gem! She is not annoying or dense and she understand what it means to have a responsibility.This book has great characterization. Touchstone, Maggot...all are very unique and interesting and memorable. The magic system rocks! If you like Necromancy, you have to read this.

Is this a romantic book? Not really, this a is very intense fantasy book and romance isn't a primary element.

Is there a very beautiful love hidden in the pages? Hell yeah! A grown up kind of love!

In my opinion, this is a dark fantasy. Certain parts completely took my breath away. You just have to imagine and put yourself in Sabriel's place and you will successfully scare the hell out of yourselves.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I may not remember all the details after a long time but this book is unique enough that I will never confuse it with something else and I just need a few hints to remember it all.

Are you looking for an intense, rich, fascinating fantasy book? Try this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sabriel.

Finished Reading
Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
August 16, 2013 – Shelved
August 16, 2013 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
August 18, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
September 5, 2013 – Shelved as: magic (Paperback Edition)
October 2, 2013 – Shelved as: magic
May 18, 2014 – Shelved as: fantasy (Paperback Edition)
May 18, 2014 – Shelved as: demons-angels-an... (Paperback Edition)
May 18, 2014 – Shelved as: reviewed (Paperback Edition)
July 16, 2014 – Shelved as: amazing-fantasy
December 11, 2014 – Shelved as: royals
December 3, 2015 – Shelved as: zombies-undead
February 18, 2016 – Shelved as: zombies-undead (Paperback Edition)
February 18, 2016 – Shelved as: royals (Paperback Edition)
February 18, 2016 – Shelved as: high-fantasy (Paperback Edition)
February 18, 2016 – Shelved as: dark
February 18, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy
February 18, 2016 – Shelved as: high-fantasy
February 18, 2016 – Shelved as: all-time-favorites
February 18, 2016 – Shelved as: reviewed
February 18, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
September 13, 2016 – Shelved as: favorite-romance

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Mitticus Sabriel is one of my favorites :D

Argona Mine too!:D

message 3: by L A i N E Y (new) - added it

L A i N E Y Fantastic review! Made me want to read it even more :))

message 4: by Argona (last edited Jan 14, 2017 10:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Argona oh! lainey wrote: "Fantastic review! Made me want to read it even more :))"

Thank you so much! Happy reading!:)