Kathy's Reviews > Fatal Shadows

Fatal Shadows by Josh Lanyon

Aug 31, 2009

bookshelves: contemporary, romance, m-m, lanyon-josh, keeper

Relationships can be murder. Bookseller and mystery author Adrien English is looking for love in all the wrong places -- and, according to hot and handsome LAPD detective Jake Riordan, it's liable to get him killed.

Before reading the first two of Josh Lanyon's Adrien English mysteries I was already a fan of the man's work. The first of his books that I read was Dangerous Ground and it was gripping. The mystery in each of his stories is well crafted and I'm left wondering whodunnit 'til the end... but then even if I weren't I wouldn't be troubled by it as I'm not the type of person that *needs* to solve the mystery before the end ~ I'm just along for the thrill of the ride!
Add to the mystery element is a deep and intriguing character development ~ somewhere among the man-on-man love relationships is often one man who is unsure of his sexual identity ~ especially in relation to the other lead male character.
Suffice it to say that after reading Fatal Shadows and A Dangerous Thing, I made a stop by the online bookstore and came away with four more of Mr. Lanyon's wonderful, and very tempting!, stories. Definitely a new favourite and auto-buy for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatal Shadows.