Beverly's Reviews > Out of the Shallows

Out of the Shallows by Samantha Young

it was ok

2 Disappointing Stars

I will start by saying I love Samantha Young, and have enjoyed everyone of her books from the Dublin St series, but I found this one seriously lacking.

I can't even begin to tell you where this one starts out, because I was confused as shit. I actually went back and reread the last chapter of Into to the Deep. I seriously was like what the fuck happened, I missed something huge.

False alarm, I didn't miss anything. This book just switches time frame every chapter. So we start like 5-6 months after the end of Into the Deep. Jake and Charley have broken up because something horrible has happened. Her mother is visiting a cemetery, her father won't talk to her, and she misses her sister. You may think Spoiler no this happens within the first 2% of the book.

Ms. Young then takes you on a roller coaster of together not together, every few pages.

So the whole book I am basically trying to solve a mystery - it was Ms. Plum, in the conservatory, with a revolver. I am not down with some Agatha Christie shit.

I feel like I am ripping this book a part so I will throw out some positives: Jake, Beck and Claudia, The Stolen guys, oh yeah and Jake.

There was some hot sex, but again I had no idea when things were going to go down because the book just didn't flow at all. They can't all be winners and I am sure some will love it, it just wasn't for me.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Shallows.

August 15, 2013 – Shelved
August 15, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
April 10, 2014 – Started Reading
April 11, 2014 –
4.0% ""
April 11, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

Mysza Sorry didn't work out for you Beverly.

Beverly Mysza, I am glad you liked it, it just wasn't for me. I still love Samantha Young and look forward to reading her other books. :)

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ Well said Beverly. I still love this author too but i dont think i will continue with this series x

Beverly [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "Well said Beverly. I still love this author too but i dont think i will continue with this series x"

Thanks Ami!

message 5: by Didi (new)

Didi Great review Beverly! I was disappointed by the first one so passed on this. Looks like I made the right decision, lol!

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Terrific review,Beverly:DDD

Beverly Didi wrote: "Great review Beverly! I was disappointed by the first one so passed on this. Looks like I made the right decision, lol!"

Thanks Didi! You made a good call, I almost always read the sequel...I am a little OCD. :)

Beverly Jennifer wrote: "Terrific review,Beverly:DDD"

Thanks Jennifer!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I completely agree, Bev!! Very disappointed in this sequel.

Beverly Laurie wrote: "I completely agree, Bev!! Very disappointed in this sequel."

I know, I knew you would be!! Sad Face!

GTR33GURL I was very confused by this book to I did exactly what you did went back and read last chapter of into the deep I thought wtf was going on lol Jake saved this book for me ahhhh love him ❤️

Beverly Monique wrote: "I was very confused by this book to I did exactly what you did went back and read last chapter of into the deep I thought wtf was going on lol Jake saved this book for me ahhhh love him ❤️"

I know it was crazy, it was not what I expected at all.

GTR33GURL I def loved the first one more prob should of left it at that I think

Beverly Monique wrote: "I def loved the first one more prob should of left it at that I think"

Agreed.

GTR33GURL Now I'm nervous I'm off to read the final book in the Nova series by Jessica Sorensen hope it's amazing lol