Crystal's Reviews > Royal Inheritance

Royal Inheritance by Kate Emerson

Have you ever started reading a book to quickly find out it wasn't going to be what you thought it was? That was the case with me for Royal Inheritance. It wasn't what I was expecting at all but it turned out to be an very enjoyable read. I find myself stepping out of my comfort zone on the occasion and I've really enjoyed reading a books that broaden my reading palate.

I truly enjoyed reading Audrey's story, she was a very smart girl, with the knowledge to know what she should keep to herself. I loved how she interacted with the various people from different societies of life. For being a merchant's daughter she really was brought up to be quite the lady. A little on the mischievous side at times but this girl really has my admiration.

I loved how she was doing her best to give her daughter all the details she needed to know so she didn't have to wonder later. I also appreciated the fact that she had to caution her daughter to guard the information she gave to her. I also found Audrey and Jack's interaction together to be quite entertaining and I often wondered what may happen next.

Kate Emerson has done a lovely job of combining fiction as well as giving us a nice education of English history around the time of King Henry the VIII. Ms. Emerson has created a story that I found to be very enjoyable and fascinating. I enjoyed her style of writing, she tells a very well written story that kept me interested from the beginning to the end. I would not hesitate to read more work written by MS. Emerson.

I have not had the pleasure of reading the other books in the Secrets of Tudor Court, I have a feeling they would be an interesting read as well. I didn't feel like I was missing anything to the story with not having read the previous five books.

If you enjoy historical fiction mixed in with some interesting historical facts I really do think you will enjoy this book.

I was given the opportunity to read Royal Inheritance in exchange for sharing my thoughts with you. As always it has been a pure pleasure for me to share my thoughts with you. If you should happen to have read or do read this book I would love to hear your thoughts. Please stop by my blog and let me know what you thought.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royal Inheritance.

August 15, 2013 – Started Reading