Diana's Reviews > Forever

Forever by Karen Ann Hopkins

bookshelves: young-adult

I'm pretty sure when I finished Belonging I thought about writing both a good review and a bad review. I was that on the fence about it, and I'm pretty sure it left me feeling like crying. But not in a positive way.

Luckily I never got to writing that negative review.
I did start wondering if I would have to do that for this one. I really enjoyed the first book in the trilogy Temptation. The story of Rose and Noah's forbidden relationship was just that: tempting. I was hoping that they could make it and that things would end happily.

Of course that isn't how things work.
Especially in the sequel. And I grew very upset with these two characters and the romance I was rooting for.
I have to admit every once in a while towards the end I would think "Please don't do anything stupid!" It probably didn't help that I knew what was coming in the third book.

Starting the final book of their journey those feelings had not gone away. I even started thinking that I was just loving hating them, and it took me at least one hundred pages to get past all their drama.
Once I did get past it I was back to caring for Rose and Noah and their relationship deeply, possibly more than ever. From then until the end it was pretty beautiful.

With all that they had to go through I was expecting some major tragedies. And some do come along, it wouldn't be a normal world without them; but they come out stronger from it.

They finally got their happy ending and I was so happy to see it happen.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review
ORIGINAL REIVEW POST
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever.

August 15, 2013 – Shelved
August 15, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
August 15, 2013 – Shelved as: young-adult
January 20, 2014 – Started Reading
January 27, 2014 –
page 80
23.81% "It's starting to get on my nerves how much I love to hate these characters."
February 5, 2014 – Finished Reading