Meaghan's Reviews > Forged by Fire

did not like it
bookshelves: childrens-young-adult-fiction, books-i-hated, read-in-2007
Recommended for: no one
Read in March, 2007

This. Book. Sucked. The characters were cardboard, the plot was contrived, too much time was covered in too short a space, and everything was told rather than shown. It was like Sharon Draper was trying to cram as many issues as possible into the story and they all ended up spilling out, leaving an empty shell. There are so many other, great books out there that deal with the same themes -- please look elsewhere!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forged by Fire.

message 1: by ms.cherry (new)

ms.cherry like review no

M♥I♥S♥S♥M♥I♥N♥I♥M♥E aNdeRSoN I read forged by fire, and really i beg to differ with your opinion of the book! Yes, i agree that that Draper crammed a lot of issues into this short story, but this book DID NOT SUCK!

message 3: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Gomez it was the bomb u have no taste in books

Natalie you have like no taste in books what so ever...this book had a meaning to it, looks like you missed that meaning

Gabriela P. What is wrong with you?

Meaghan What, because I have an opinion of the book that's different from your own?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

It's like Attack of the Tweens in here.

Meaghan And I've probably read more young adult books than any of them.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

With mad review-writing skillz as well.

MissIntegrity Natalie wrote: "you have like no taste in books what so ever...this book had a meaning to it, looks like you missed that meaning"

agreed

Josies123 I agree with the part where you say to much time was covered. But I thought this book was very good. It explained the main and bigger parts of the main characters life.

Brittani I pray you do not know or experience the pain that people had/have to deal with on a daily basis!

Meaghan Brittani wrote: "I pray you do not know or experience the pain that people had/have to deal with on a daily basis!"

What do you know about my life? How do you know about anything I've been through? You don't know me at all.

message 14: by jacie (new) - added it

jacie I agree. I had to read this book for the north Carolina battle of the books, and it did not keep me on the edge of my seat, and I expected everything that happened.

Laresha Hollins This Book Is Better Than Any Other Book I've Read!

message 16: by Eric (new) - added it

Eric Chang you cant be shown something in a book that does not have pictures like duh

message 17: by Eric (new) - added it

message 18: by Eric (new) - added it

message 19: by Eric (new) - added it

Meaghan Eric wrote: "you cant be shown something in a book that does not have pictures like duh"

You're kidding, right?

message 21: by Leo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leo Meaghan your dumb if you think this book sucked. You never probably experienced something like the characters in this book.

Tiara Allen I'm not the only one, thank god.

I read "Tears of a Tiger," which I liked much, much better. Unfortunately, this book seemed to abandon everything I liked about that book-the narrative style, the focus on one major event instead of several, the insight from peers and adults-and I felt that what was left was cliché and predictable. I was actually pretty excited for this book after the first one, so I felt a bit let down.

But that's just me...commenting on a ten year old review.