Lady Vigilante (Feifei)'s Reviews > Out of the Shallows

Well I read the first book 6 months ago and this is what I remember:

- Jake and Charley are finally happy and together
- Lowe is badass and I want him
- It was hot and angsty

That's about it. This second book didn't work for me because:

- The present/past scenes. I can't do those. Sorry. Especially since one is February 2013 and the other is August/September 2013 and going back and forth between them is giving me whiplash...just no.

- I can't stand weak, no backbone heroines and that's what Charley is in this book. Just no.

- (view spoiler)

I already knew that if I continued reading the book my night would be spent ranting at the wall. So why not cut my losses early hmmm?

My recommendation: Do not read this book. If you truly adore Jake and Charley, then re-read Into the Deep. Savor it. Or else...this book will ruin the characters for you.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Shallows.

August 13, 2013 – Shelved
August 13, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
April 10, 2014 – Started Reading
April 11, 2014 –
4.0% "I love Jake and all but I'm seriously crushing on Lowe!!! I mean, the guy has glasses! #nerdlove"
April 11, 2014 –
25.0% "DNF. I will explain tomorrow. *sadly goes to bed*"
April 12, 2014 – Shelved as: bad-boys
April 12, 2014 – Shelved as: oops-let-s-do-it-again-romance
April 12, 2014 – Shelved as: third-time-s-the-charm-romance
April 12, 2014 – Shelved as: what-are-you-trying-to-say
April 12, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Florence :)

Christie«SHBBblogger» OMG!!!! Yes! I've been waiting for this book! Thank you!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Christie wrote: "OMG!!!! Yes! I've been waiting for this book! Thank you!"

Enjoy!!

Bookhooking (Tanya Childress) Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL! neh, just looking out for my fellow bookies :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Bookhooking (Tanya Childress) wrote: "Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL! neh, just looking out for my fellow bookies :)"

♥ ♥ ♥

Mysza Love your review Feifei although I disagree:)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Mysza wrote: "Love your review Feifei although I disagree:)"

Hahaha LOVE your review although I disagree ;)

♥ ♥ you!

Mysza Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Mysza wrote: "Love your review Feifei although I disagree:)"

Hahaha LOVE your review although I disagree ;)

♥ ♥ you!"

Wink;) wink;) ♥ ♥ you too!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Good review, sorry it was a bust. I've seen a lot of low reviews for this one.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Miss Cathy♥ wrote: "Good review, sorry it was a bust. I've seen a lot of low reviews for this one."

Thanks Cathy!! :)

aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 - Great review! I'm so not going to read this :D I was so mad when I found about book 2 :D

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) 4815162342 - aksana wrote: "Great review! I'm so not going to read this :D I was so mad when I found about book 2 :D"

LOL thanks!! :D

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie LOL oh no!!! Great review babe!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Christine née The Dark Romance Junkie wrote: "LOL oh no!!! Great review babe!"

Haha thanks ;)

Christie«SHBBblogger» Oh, no. Damn. This sucks.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Christie wrote: "Oh, no. Damn. This sucks."

Sorry :(

message 21: by • Lisa • (new)

• Lisa • They can't win us all, go grab a five star next, lovely x

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Lisa Jayne wrote: "They can't win us all, go grab a five star next, lovely x"

Thanks babe! ♥

Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ Great review. Sorry it didn't work for you. Hope your next book is awesome

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Lucinda wrote: "Great review. Sorry it didn't work for you. Hope your next book is awesome"

Thanks Lucinda! <3

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ Great review Feifei. That excuse is still bugging me the next day... lol. Ashame... I liked Charley in book 1

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "Great review Feifei. That excuse is still bugging me the next day... lol. Ashame... I liked Charley in book 1"

Thanks Ami! Same, she was perfect in book 1 but in this book... >_<

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Lisa wrote: "Nicely said, honey! Sorry this one did not work out."

Thanks Lisa! xx

Beverly Great review Feifei! Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Beverly wrote: "Great review Feifei! Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)"

Thanks Beverly! :D

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ So sorry Feifei! Your review explained it well! = / (view spoiler)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "So sorry Feifei! Your review explained it well! = / [spoilers removed]"

Thanks Sue! (view spoiler)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Oh I see. Thanks my dear!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Oh I see. Thanks my dear!"

message 34: by Didi (new)

Didi What a waste this sounds like, sorry Feifei. Charley was starting to irritate me anyways at the end of the first. Good luck with the next babes!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Didi wrote: "What a waste this sounds like, sorry Feifei. Charley was starting to irritate me anyways at the end of the first. Good luck with the next babes!"

Thanks Didi and yes! A complete waste of time here :/
Same to you and have a great rest of the weekend <3

message 36: by Didi (new)

Didi Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Didi wrote: "What a waste this sounds like, sorry Feifei. Charley was starting to irritate me anyways at the end of the first. Good luck with the next babes!"

Thanks Didi and yes! A complete waste..."

You too :-)xo

message 37: by Renee (new) - added it

Renee Honest review Feifei... What a shame. I had a feeling that would happen. I finished book one last week and thought, there's already been so much heartache n drama in book one- what more could possibly happen in book two?

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Renee wrote: "Honest review Feifei... What a shame. I had a feeling that would happen. I finished book one last week and thought, there's already been so much heartache n drama in book one- what more could possi..."

Thanks Renee! Right?? The angst in book 1 was already enough and it's not like they had any more problems to take care of that warrants a second book :/

message 39: by Ailene♥ (new)

Ailene♥ Aww, hope your next read will be so much better Feifei.

message 40: by Jaix (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jaix So much mixed reviews. I am so confused :(

message 41: by Baba (new)

Baba  Sorry it was a bust, Feifei. Great review and better luck next time!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Ailene♥ wrote: "Aww, hope your next read will be so much better Feifei."

Thanks Ailene! ♥

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Jaix wrote: "So much mixed reviews. I am so confused :("

I know :/ This book is optional to read, but if you have the extra time then check out :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Dean, Tate, Dan, Ty & Hunter wrote: "Sorry it was a bust, Feifei. Great review and better luck next time!"

Thanks Baba! ♥ ♥

☆ Sammy ☆彡 *hugs* Feifei! Sorry to see this book was such a disappointment for you!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Sammy☆Smitten With Book Heroes☆彡 wrote: "*hugs* Feifei! Sorry to see this book was such a disappointment for you!"

Thanks Sammy! Oh well :/ (((hugs))) ♥

Stefanie Smith TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH SCENE WITH HER AND JAKE DIDNT REALLY GET THIS BOOK

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ great review Feifei...sorry it didnt work out for u!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Stefanie wrote: "TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH SCENE WITH HER AND JAKE DIDNT REALLY GET THIS BOOK"

:(((

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) ✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "great review Feifei...sorry it didnt work out for u!"

Thanks Sharon! <3