Sab H. (YA Bliss)'s Reviews > Strange Angels

Aug 29, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: audiobook-2010, audiobooks
Read from March 30 to April 13, 2010

I had a constant battle with myself attempting to read this one. Never before had I encountered a book so filled with description that it left me positively exasperated. It's as if the poor book suffers some rare kind of disease, an "obsessive descriptive disorder". Every page felt as if it had an adjective overdose. It was distracting, to say the least, and it made the action slow down so much it left me frustrated. Right in the middle of the danger she still keeps describing the objects, the setting, the weather, the feelings... everything.

I felt a constant impulse to stop reading but... the plot was quite interesting. It was so odd, wanting to know what happens while wishing the writing to just get to the freaking point. I liked the characters and the action and probably everything else. I might be wrong, but I think that if you take out the excessive description the book would be like 90 pages long.

I think I made my point. Anyway, the rest was fine. I will try to read the second one because I'm curious. At least now I know what to expect. If you think you can get through the writing problem bit, you could actually enjoy it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strange Angels.

04/02/2010 page 100