Sharon Brown's Reviews > Blitz

Blitz by Hetty Burlingame Beatty

Recommended to Sharon by: A Teacher
Recommended for: Children

As a kid, I read this book a Hundred times. It is my all time favorite childs book. I am old now, I just remember a child who saved a severely abused horse from going to slaughter for 5 dollars, once He nursed it back to health and gained the Horses trust, he found the Horse was still young. The Father is AWESOME in this, as He helps teach his boy how to care for a living thing, an animal who when I was a kid, was thought by the older generations to not have feelings and "It" was suppose to Produce something for you...or it had no value. This book stirs emotion and shows the ugly and the kind of Humans. Nicely though, it does have a happy ending. I still have it, paperback. It is falling to pieces. This Book still brings back memories and Teaches children...it did me, How to Love a Horse. In the end, You cheer as the Horse turns completely around by a child with 5 dollars, who would not give up on him. 40 years later, I have powerful emotions still. Read it with your 10 yr old. I think that's about how old I was. I bought it from scholastic book club in my school by a wonderful 5th grade teacher. She read to us every day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blitz.

Started Reading