Jennifer Garcia's Reviews > Flat-Out Love

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

bookshelves: own, audible, 2013, 2013-rom-read-challenge, series

I actually give this book 4.5 stars.

This was an incredibly clever story with a great plot. I love it when the author makes the characters so real and vivid that I become so invested in their lives. I cared about them, cried for/with them, and rooted for them.

Celeste was adorable and quirky and perfect. Just like Julie, I didn't want Celeste to change completely and I'm glad she didn't. This family was so broken but put on such a facade. It was heartbreaking and sad.

There is something that happens in the story that I guessed right off, but then doubted myself several times only to be right in the end. It was just so weird how the family lived. However, it was all explained in the end and was realistic. My small issue with the "thing" (I don't want to give it away) is that I feel it went on too long. I was ready for it to be over long before it was.

I love angst and heartbreak but I love the happy endings and the romantic love story the most. In some of these angsty books, I feel like the happy ever after is so short at the end. I need more. I want to see more happiness for these characters that suffered, cried, and hurt so much throughout the story.

This was a really great story with some exceptional characters. I recommend this for anyone that does like to cry, laugh, and have their happy ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flat-Out Love.

August 12, 2013 – Started Reading
August 12, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
August 12, 2013 – Shelved
August 12, 2013 – Shelved as: own
August 12, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013
August 12, 2013 – Shelved as: audible
August 12, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013-rom-read-challenge
August 12, 2013 –
0.0% "Does Finn exist? 3 hours left and I'm still doubting his existence."
August 12, 2013 – Finished Reading