Jennifer's Reviews > On the Fence

On the Fence by Kasie West

bookshelves: signed

4:30 am and now I can finally sleep. Don't bother starting this unless you can finish it all in one sitting. So good! I laughed, I cried, I swooned! I am so jealous of lucky girls that have had boys next door. I have seriously always wanted one. I feel totally gipped that I never had a Braden!

Charlie grew up with all boys so she is one of the guys. But you can be a tomboy and be a girly girl and have both guy friends and girl friends. She has some trouble finding herself. She realizes she wants to wear makeup but worries her brothers and dad won't approve.

Braden meets her at the fence at night and they can really open up when they are alone. Braden doesn't approve of Charlie changing herself for a guy but Charlie worries no boys want to date her. A new job brings Charlie out of her shell and she soon learns that you can be everything you want.

Some family issues as well. Her dad is sweet and tries his very best but it has been hard since her mother is gone. Charlie is still dealing with her mom's death. Braden is always at the fence ready to listen though. So cute! Loved it!

KASIE WEST + BEST FRIENDS ROMANCE = MAJOR WIN

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Fence.

August 12, 2013 – Shelved
August 12, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
February 28, 2014 – Started Reading
February 28, 2014 –
1.0% "I need a happy read! So excited for this one :-D"
March 1, 2014 –
45.0% "LOVE! I am sure I won't sleep at all tonight"
March 1, 2014 – Finished Reading
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: signed

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam I want read this...lovely review!

Jennifer This was so me! I had plan to only read a few chapters before bed ... next thing I know I'm done with the book and it's 4:35am :)

Sarah Favorite gif... ever

Kayla Ricketson Best book ever finishing the last few pages tonight your my favorite author definitely keep writing more also a fan <3

Elizabeth Totally true. Took me on sitting also.

message 6: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Loved this too, Kasie can't go wrong with her cute romance stories ;))
High five!

Temporaily Poetic I can't believe I ever doubted you. I thought my self control would be better and that I would be able to put the book down, but it just kept calling me!! My mind was screaming "I wonder what's going to happen next".

Jennifer Hannah wrote: "I can't believe I ever doubted you. I thought my self control would be better and that I would be able to put the book down, but it just kept calling me!! My mind was screaming "I wonder what's goi..."

haha right? Me too. I would be reading it and I was like okay I can go to sleep now. No just a little more!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Romance? Holy hell, this book contained romance and I didn't notice?

Megan Spencer I cried while reading this book too! It was sooo good! Loved it and couldn't put it down! I didn't want the book to end!

Amelia Haha yes this book is so lovely! I love how a tomboy has such a girly side inside her. And I also love that boy next door. Even the story begins a little bit boring but really worth reading!!! I give a 4-star :)

Alessandra Exactly what happened to me I planned to read two three chapter before bed since it was already 1:30 but o ended up staying till 5 am to finish. I just couldn't put the book down.

message 23: by Jul (new) - added it

Jul Haha same here started 10pm finished 4:20am

Sophia Loved this book

message 25: by Ravi (new)

Ravi Singh Oh yeah...... really loveable

message 26: by Dylan (new) - added it

Dylan Rhoads Honestly I think a lot of Kasie West books are like that! I stayed up until 4:30 too last night because I had to finish P.s. I Like You( great book btw!)

Citra Septiyana west's book always has this effect. you open it and you cant close it until the last page

Helena haha what a coincidence! it's 3:30 am right now and I just stayed up soo late to finish this book. I read it in one sitting! Oh boy and I cried so hard! This book is just so beautiful!

message 29: by Mae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mae Read this book in one sitting. Cried and wishes my fam was that close. And also that I was good at football. Lol

message 30: by Faye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Faye Can I just say that you're totally right about the one-sitting part?

message 31: by Mackenzie (new) - added it

Mackenzie Hey guys. Can someone please help me, I want to know how to read the books I find on here, and also how do people win books?

Stephanie Urquidi Jennifer wrote: "This was so me! I had plan to only read a few chapters before bed ... next thing I know I'm done with the book and it's 4:35am :)"

that is hiliarious! b/c that is EXACTLY what happened to me!
😂

message 33: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma 10:00 to 2:30...lol

message 34: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma I think we all relate to this review pretty well

message 35: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim Albright I just got it on Amazon and i am just reading it. I love the cover of it.

Tiana-Kanani 3:29 😂😂

Summer Winter Spring Autumn 3:20 am for me. it's addicting!!!

message 38: by chitxwrites (new)

chitxwrites oh god so relatable omg

message 39: by BookWorm (new) - added it

BookWorm If I could agree more I would but I can't soooooo....

message 40: by Caroline (new) - added it

Caroline Jackson Thought the 4:30 am part was a little exaggerated so I️ bought it on a whim on my nook at 11:30 pm and said to myself I️’ll just read a couple chapters. Well I️ couldn’t stop! So yes, y’all were right. Spot on review. I️ finished with the biggest smile on my face at 4am.

Amelia  Trunnell I didn't actully read the book but I listened to it on CD and I couldn't stop listening to it!!!!! this is seriously one of the cutest love stories I've ever read

Alyssa Danielson Just finished at 2:28am after starting this evening...such a cute, quick read!

Caisha Omds I started midnight and now it’s 6:30 like ahhhhhhh I wish this happed to me. I can relate sooo hard to her Omds

message 44: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole How do you read the books

Brittney I wish I had read this before I started it last night. 4 am was the time I got finished. I’m dragging today