Yousra Serry's Reviews > A Street Cat Named Bob

A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen

"I've come to believe in the power of animals. I believe they can heal, teach, and push us to be better people"
- Neil Abramson from his book unsaid

This quote sums up this book pretty well.

James Bowen writes with great honesty and describes the life on the streets really well. I learned a lot from this book. About animals, people, London! He touched me and I felt really connected to him that at the end of the book I was actually PROUD of him for getting there and not giving up.

About bob.. I had to fight the crazy urge to squeeze the book whenever my eyes fell on the ohmygodidsqueezehimtodeath cover. Being the crazy cat lady I am, I fell in love with every single detail about Bob. He actually reminded me a lot of my cat which obviously added to his ADORABLE points.

The only thing that kinda got me a little depressed was James saying that before he had Bob he felt invisible but as soon as he got him people started noticing them everywhere and were much more friendly. I don't even know why I'm mentioning this, the author himself described it as a positive thing, but I just couldn't help feeling bad that some people would show kindness ONLY to animals, and not other people. (Tho it's so realistic, tbh!)

Anyway, the book was really good and hopeful and I'd def recommend it to everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Street Cat Named Bob.

Started Reading
August 12, 2013 – Shelved
August 12, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Miilu Bob the cat had an incredible personality; he drew people to him. I loved the fact that one daily passerby knitted him a scarf and made him a little jacket for the winter. Bob the cat was a person in his own right. What he did for James is one of those miracles we shouldn't examine too closely. A miracle.

Yousra Serry Chris wrote: "Bob the cat had an incredible personality; he drew people to him. I loved the fact that one daily passerby knitted him a scarf and made him a little jacket for the winter. Bob the cat was a perso..."

I understand and totally agree. I never met him myself, yet he already stole a piece of my heart forever. It IS a miracle that, unfortunately, lots of people don't believe in or understand. I loved everything about this book, specially that it really shows how powerful animals are and how much they can help us in so many ways.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Miilu I should add that James and Bob the cat are my screen saver. I see them every time I look at my monitor.

message 4: by Leo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leo . It seems fate that they should meet...like kindred spirits. One could say they saved each other.👍🐯

message 5: by Leo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leo . I know Archimedes my cat saves me every day!!!👍🐯

Yousra Serry Leo wrote: "I know Archimedes my cat saves me every day!!!👍🐯"

What a smart name, I love it!! :D

I agree. I read this book couple of years ago and I still remember, almost with full details, how they met because it was just beautiful.