Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)'s Reviews > Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom

Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom by Tiffany King

Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom was everything the previous book was, and more. More action, more frustration, more danger, more love, more snark and more awesome!

This one picks up about a month after where book 1 left off. It's told for the majority of it in Jordyn's POV but we do get a few brief passages of Emrys's POV. It was just enough to throw me off and keep me questioning and guessing as to where his loyalties lie. It was so hard because I got really attached to Emrys in the first book and Tiffany King did an amazing job at having you second guess putting trust and faith in him once again.

Jordyn is still in hiding, so to speak, in the beginning. She's starting to feel a bit lonely and missing her family and friends, but she's still so angry and feeling betrayed by...well, everyone. I really don't blame her with all the secrets about her origins coming to light I would probably have been pretty ticked off as well. When she's finally discovered though she finds that two of her friends have been taken. Putting her hurt aside, she comes home to rescue them, with the help of Emrys, since they're the only ones who can enter the Caverns of Gloom where her friends are being held.

Jordyn and Emrys's journey to the Caverns of Gloom was so exciting to read. Filled with action and danger around every corner and Daemons aren't the only things to be afraid of. We get introduced to a few new creatures as well, the goat men being my favorite. On top of the dangerous creatures Jordyn's heart is in danger as well. She has to literally put her life and those of her kidnapped friends in Emrys's hands as he guides her through the COG and with every step forward she has to wonder is he really helping? Does he really love her? Or is he just walking her straight into a trap?

I think my favorite part of this book, well besides all the daemon ass being kicked of course, was the newest character brought into the mix. Sam and Shawn have adopted a young boy named Boon. I adored this funny and smart and curious kid. I especially loved the bond that Boon and Jordyn form. It was so sweet to see the interactions between those two and I feel liked being around him helped her to grow and embrace and forgive her family and friends.

Much like the first book, I got to the last paragraph and wanted to scream! I'm so freaking excited for the next book to come out. Things were set up perfectly, with a nice little cliffhanger I might add, for another thrilling, action filled Daemon Hunter novel and I just can't wait!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom.

August 11, 2013 – Started Reading
August 11, 2013 – Shelved
August 11, 2013 –
5.0% "Gasp! Yes!! Emrys POV :D"
August 13, 2013 –
41.0% "I AM STRESSING OUT!!! I am so scared to keep going...*Bites nails*"
August 13, 2013 –
52.0% "Oh. Oh Emrys. You BETTER not be serious!"
August 13, 2013 –
100.0% "OMFG WHAT?!?! Okay I need book 3 like NOW!"
August 20, 2013 – Finished Reading