Exina's Reviews > Heat of the Moment

Heat of the Moment by Elle Kennedy

Shelby and John Garrett have been longing for each other for a year now, both of them (wrongly) thinking that the other is not interested in them.

The story takes place on a very hot day, the events take a turn because of an overheard comment, and a silly urge by Shelby to prove herself not to be vanilla, resulting in a very steamy threesome turning into an intimate, sweet téte-á-téte, all of that ruined by a thoughtless question, and ending with a promising reconcilement.

At the moment, however, he was the furthest thing from invisible. Wearing a pair of olive green cargo pants that hugged his long, muscular legs and a white T-shirt that was pasted to his rock-hard abs thanks to the heat, he was really, really visible. He shot her a grin that was even sexier than that husky voice of his, adding, “I’m hot.”
Oh yes you are...

Heat of the Moment is a very sweet, very hot story of a trouble-free couple. I loved every line of it. Perfect!

Originally posted on my blog on September 19, 2013.
My favorite quotes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat of the Moment.

Finished Reading
March 10, 2014 – Shelved as: likeable-hero
March 10, 2014 – Shelved as: likeable-heroine
March 10, 2014 – Shelved as: humor-funny
March 10, 2014 – Shelved as: great-secondary-characters

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Daisy (new) - added it

Daisy ♥ Not a flower SOunds hot!

Exina Vilda wrote: "Great review, Exina! I'm so loving the sound if this series. :D"

Thanks, Vilda! You should really pick it up, it's a great series! :)

message 3: by Neyra ♦ (new) - added it

Neyra ♦ I was curious about your update do I had to check this out :) idk if I'm ok with the menage in this one. I mean, don't get me wrong I LOVE menages, but this girl is doing it for the wrong reasons and I do not approve. And neither should the less man! >.< still adding it to my tbr though, lol

Exina Neyra ♦ wrote: "I was curious about your update do I had to check this out :) idk if I'm ok with the menage in this one. I mean, don't get me wrong I LOVE menages, but this girl is doing it for the wrong reasons a..."

Hah, in 'The Heat is On' you'll see Savannah's reason for having a threesome is more repulsive.

Anyway, I was okay with the ménage scene here, though on the one hand Shelby wants to have a threesome to prove that she is not vanilla, but she also admits that it was always one of her fantasies. But I understand your hesitation.

message 5: by Neyra ♦ (new) - added it

Neyra ♦ Oh no, lol. Well I'm going to try and get through the first, hopefully it doesn't bother me as much :)

Hmm, I get that but when you're single it's okay. I guess I believe that when you care for someone you don't go around trying to sleep with others, fantasy or not. Ahh, my views on relationships! Lol

Exina Neyra ♦ wrote: "Oh no, lol. Well I'm going to try and get through the first, hopefully it doesn't bother me as much :)

Oh, come on, let the poor woman have that threesome! :) She was single at that moment, by the way.

message 7: by Neyra ♦ (new) - added it

Neyra ♦ Lol!! Yeah but she liked the guy. Smh, we'll get no where with this xD. I'll just have to go ahead and read it and see how it goes haha.

Exina Neyra ♦ wrote: "Lol!! Yeah but she liked the guy. Smh, we'll get no where with this xD. I'll just have to go ahead and read it and see how it goes haha."

I guess we see it differently. :) Happy reading, Neyra, hope you'll enjoy the rest of the series. :)

message 9: by Neyra ♦ (new) - added it

Neyra ♦ Thanks Exina, same to you :)

Mysza Fab review Exina!

Exina Mysza wrote: "Fab review Exina!"

Thanks, Mysza! :)