Billy Morgan's Reviews > No Tears for My Father: A true story of incest

No Tears for My Father by Viga Boland

U 50x66
Aug 11, 2013

I am the first male reader to review “No Tears for My Father” on this page. I’m sure any other male who appreciates a true, superbly written, powerful human interest story would find the book as difficult to put down as I did. After receiving it by post yesterday lunchtime I finished reading the book this morning at 4 a.m., unable to sleep until I had read to the end.
Not only should the general public find the book absorbing but it should be very helpful to readers who suffered the psychological and physical abuse experienced by the author. According to the statistics at the end of the book one in three girls and one in five boys have experienced an unwanted sexual act before their eighteenth birthday; so the book should have a large readership. It will show the victims that they are not alone in their feelings of guilt and shame. Better yet, it will show that it is possible for them to escape the abuse and live full, happy lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Tears for My Father.

Started Reading
July 9, 2013 – Finished Reading
August 11, 2013 – Shelved

Viga Boland Thanks so much Billy for this excellent review. Great to see it from a male standpoint. And thanks too for the 5-star rating. You made my day!