Spoiler Whore-Momoa's Reviews > Into the Deep

Into the Deep by Samantha Young

bookshelves: samantha-young

4.5 stars VERY SLIGHT SPOILERS

I love love love when first love reunites for a second chance romance. Our couple doesn't reunite right away cause there's someone else in the picture. The story goes from present to past for Charley and Jake.

Past---They had the teenage love that wasn't just a fling or a summer romance. Theirs was genuine even at their age. Charley is easily likeable with her persona and Jake's charm is easily to love. What I loved about their relationship(in teenage years)was how easily they connected. They didn't have the typical bullshit high school drama(him cheating, jealous fits, blah blah blah). Charley and Jake's communication was the key to their relationship until a certain tragic thing happens and Jake stopped communicating and this leads to their breakup. I found this to be refreshing, the tragedy(even though it's sad) but I'm glad it wasn't something mundane as him cheating on her.

Present---Charley is away in college in Scotland when she happens to run into Jake with his girlfriend at a party. Charley has never gotten over him even when she says she has and it still hurts after all these years apart. They still have this connection that no matter the circumstances they are in, it's inevitable that they will be back together. Like I said before their communication is key and when they finally get the chance to talk about the past, it's hurtful yet it's a weight off their shoulders. What I also loved about the story was that it's still drama filled but without the cheating.

Future---What lays ahead for Charley and Jake is going to be interesting. All I know is that Jake is going to have to work extra hard to earn her trust again and he better not bitch about it. The ending is kinda of a cliffhanger but then it seems abrupt the way it was left off. I didn't know the book was a new series. Shame on me for not reading more into it. I just saw that Samantha had a new book out and I was like, Oh I gots to gets that!

Let's get to the secondary characters. I love them all. You have the amazing best friend Claudia, the manwhores of the band The Stolen and Charley's wonderful family and other friends that come along the way and even Melissa(Jake's ex) who I really felt bad for. Hopefully she gets a story and I really really hope that Claudia and Beck get a story as well.

I invested my time with this story and I was not disappointed except for the ending but that's my beef. I'll be back for more and hopefully it won't take too long for the second book to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Deep.

August 10, 2013 – Started Reading
August 10, 2013 – Shelved
August 11, 2013 – Shelved as: samantha-young
August 11, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Becky Frosco Great review, Starting this tonight

Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ Great review, on my urgent reads and one clicked already!

Spoiler Whore-Momoa Lisa wrote: "Great review!"

Thanks!

Spoiler Whore-Momoa Becky wrote: "Great review, Starting this tonight"

Thanks and Happy Reading!

Spoiler Whore-Momoa Ⓐlleskelle #teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big bꝎks⊳ wrote: "Great review, on my urgent reads and one clicked already!"

Thank you! That one click gets me in trouble. A lot.

Rica Great review. It was your review that made me 1-click and boy am I glad I did. Great read!

Spoiler Whore-Momoa Rica wrote: "Great review. It was your review that made me 1-click and boy am I glad I did. Great read!"

Aww, thanks chica! Glad you one-clicked!

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ Lovely review. I'm excited to read this. But hmm a cliffy?!