Sarah Whisted's Reviews > Ignite Me

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

bookshelves: books-i-own

I don't think I've ever felt prouder of a fictional character before. Juliette on page one of Shatter Me vs. Juliette of the last page of Ignite Me are worlds different. Her character growth is almost unreal.

While I still feel really off about it, [Spoiler Alert] I switched completely to team Warner by the end of this book. And whoa, so steamy! I don't know if part of falling for Warner was because Adam made it so easy to dislike him during all the arguing with Juliette or if I really just bought into all of Warner's better qualities just like Juliette did, but I know that I think they're better suited for each other now and was happy to see them finally be a thing by the end. Still, I do feel a bit sad for Adam. At least there may be a future where he and James learn to love their newly discovered brother.

Like all great series, I'm sad to see this one come to an end. Especially because there's so much more action to be had in the war. But, I think you're left with the confidence that Juliette will lead their rebellion to success and live a long happy life as the bad-ass she is, with Warner and her friends by her side.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ignite Me.

August 10, 2013 – Shelved