Katie's Reviews > Forever

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

1928123
Aug 27, 2009

bookshelves: own, arc

Forever is the perfect ending to the Wolves Of Mercy Falls trilogy. Maggie Stiefvater has earned the title of favorite author and these books have earned the title of favorite trilogy. I give you fair warning: this review is basically me gushing about how amazing it is.

The ending of Linger was a huge cliffhanger. Forever picked up quite some time after that ending and it was interesting to see how things had changed. All the characters had changed so much and while it was sad to see then lose their innocence it was very refreshing to see them grow in such a real way even if the reasons are not so real. =)

The writing was, as always, absolutely amazing. Maggie Stiefvater is such a lyrical writer. Her books just have to be savored. I pretty much shut myself away so I could read uninterrupted and really take it all in.

I have to say something about the relationship of Sam and Grace: that is the way it is supposed to be! They face so many obstacles but they know that if they have each other they can make it. Sam is sweet, romantic, and he cherishes Grace. And she does not take that for granted. She is always there for him and they truly love each other. That is how I see love and Maggie Stiefvater did it perfectly with Sam and Grace.

Overall, Forever is a bittersweet ending to the Wolves Of Mercy Falls trilogy. I laughed and I cried and I never wanted it to end. I think this book will greatly satisfy fans of the first two books. I can't wait for whatever is next from Maggie Stiefvater.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever.

August 27, 2009 – Shelved
page 238
July 2, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Rogier (new) - added it

Rogier cool

Michele at A Belle's Tales I'm so excited to read this! :)

message 3: by Cri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cri Yes and that's what true love really is :)