Christian Fiction Addiction's Reviews > The Letters

The Letters by Suzanne Woods Fisher

I was absolutely excited to return to Stoney Ridge to become acquainted with a new host of characters as I picked up my copy of "The Letters", and I'm happy to report that the novel was all I hoped for! I was first introduced to Fisher's books in "The Keeper", the first book in the Stoney Ridge Seasons series, and since then I haven't been able to get enough of the stories that emerge from her talented pen. The characters that star in "The Letters" are wonderful indeed, and I loved meeting Rose Schrock and her passel of children, along with her acidic-tongue mother-in-law and the talented horse trainer and neighbour Galen King. Fisher has woven together a number of plot elements as she explores the storyline from the perspective of various characters, and the result is an engaging, moving read that at some moments had me smiling and at others had my heart aching with the beauty of what I was watching unfold. The scenes between Rose and her mother-in-law Vera made for some especially tender moments at the end of the book. The romantic love that pursues Rose also made for some wonderful scenes, especially as Rose has to learn to trust again and learn that she is fully worthy to be loved, no matter what.

Fans of Amish fiction will adore "The Letters", and readers who have journeyed to Stoney Ridge in prior books are going to love going back for more! I can't wait to see what's coming next in this engaging series. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Letters.

Finished Reading